what's-her-lips

Monday, July 03, 2006

Jazz Fest - The Final Day

What a way to end the fest - with a gorgeous day spent in David Lam Park, baking in the sun with good friends & family and fabulous music.



We went down there around 1:30 and caught a bit of Gary Comeau - although I was disappointed that my friend Johnny wasn't playing with them. Then we met up with my brother and wee nephew (who I chased half way round the park - or at least it felt like it) while we listened to Moses Mayes. We decided we should wander around a bit to find some shade and I bumped into a number of friends I hadn't seen in awhile - which, aside from the music, is precisely why I love jazz fest. We really wanted to stick around for Santa Lucia but we were starting to feel a bit sun-strokey, so we headed over to my friend's place for a couple of hours to recharge and eat sushi. This was the best thing we could have done - we felt SO much better afterwards. We got back in time to get a decent spot on the grass for a show I've been looking forward to for awhile - Orquesta Goma Dura. They're a 20 piece latin jazz orchestra from Vancouver and I try to never miss a show but I've been really slacking off lately. Unfortunately they weren't quite the powerhouse they normally are but I can imagine it would be rather difficult to keep up any energy in that heat. They were still wonderful though. I was just thrilled that I got to hear Danny play his signature incomparable bari sax solo.



So by the time we left the area it was about 10pm. Not a bad way to end the festival at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

cool new background!!

thanks for the music and the cake and the oh so scrumptious salsa...i love it!!!

12:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home