what's-her-lips

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Monkey's at the VIFF

No, I'm not silently protesting the VIFF by not going, I'm just still saturated by years and years of involvement with them and know that if I get within a few feet of a VIFF event I'll want to be involved again, and we just can't do that as it will inevitably end in tears. They have some really great films showing, of course. The one I was considering breaking pattern for is Monkey Warfare and really it's only because the love of my life - Don McKellar - is in it. Yes, I'm in love with a nerdy Canadian Filmmaker - there, I said it. The fact that he doesn't know who I am (unless he remembers that time we brushed up against each other at that Canadian Images party a few years ago) - is merely a minor setback. I still may go see the film this morning but I think I've caught my house-guest's cold so I may just spend the day watching my zip.ca movies instead. Besides, I'm not sure if I'm ready to see my darling Don McKellar with a handlebar moustache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home